Friday, June 28, 2013

Some People Just Aren't Meant to Get Married

12/5/02


Hey guess what?  I’ve given up.  I’ve just plain given up.  Some people aren’t meant to get married.  And I’m one of them.  I used to picture myself as a happy mother with three beautiful children, living in either New Jersey or Ohio.  But I’ve come to a conclusion, which is that I’m going to get filthy rich writing touching novels and I’m going to live alone.  Of course, I’ll want children so I’d either have sex with a good guy friend once and never again, or adopt or get artificial insemination.  See?  Things DO work out.  And for romantically-challenged writers like me, that works.

Note: First off, why was I so hell-bent in living in two of the least glamorous states in the country? Second of all, if being a "filthy rich writer" was merely the option I'd settle for, I obviously had pretty high standards for what my life would become.

No comments:

Post a Comment