Saturday, June 8, 2013

Thank You

Note: this is a song I wrote at my parents' summer house, about some guy, although I'm not sure who.  I'm convinced Kelly Clarkson stole this idea for her song "Because of You."  Clearly, I should have been the famous one:


Thank You

I want to thank you
For showing me everything guys do,
Not that I love you or that I ever did,
I'm saying don't think I care about you,
You horny hypocrite. 

Chorus:
And thanks to you
now I know
all the tricks they pull on you.
They'll say they love your mind
But they never have the time
They always want to screw...thanks to you.

I want to tell you
Thanks for giving me a clue.
Not that without you I sit and pout.
Without you there's more to do than making out.

CHORUS

I wanted to curse you
But deep down I knew
No, that pain wouldn't last too long
I had something worse to do:
writing this song

CHORUS

And everybody knows I'm too
straight for my own good
Well I know that
Even though most guys are like this,
They're not all bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment