Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I Don't Want Laura To Die

12/11/2000

My friend, Laura.  I thought she was great.  She recently told me her 14-year-old cousin acts like a whor.  But before that, she wore Pooh T-shirts and was really nice.  Recently, she told me something that made me jump.

"I get high on permanent markers," she said.  I thought she was just joking but today she's like "I don't do it all the time.  I only did it once."  I asked her if she knew it could kill her and she sad, "Yeah, I know."  She lives in fear of being raped and I'm really scared.  Laura says she likes the smell of markers.  I really don't want Laura to die even if she did do drugs once.

Someting interesting HAS happened to me, if not, Laura.  No.  Laura.  I NEVER took drugs.  Well, who will do it next?  I won't let it be me.

Dear God,

Please spare Linda.  She was as great friend and I don't want her to die.  I really don't.

Love,
Ali

Notes: What started as "genuine" concern for my "friend" Laura (I actually didn't like her at all) slowly devolves into me being excited that if my friend became a drug addict, my life would be more interesting.  Then, in guilt, I pray to God to "spare" this girl I don't even like.

No comments:

Post a Comment